When you are looking for a job that is the perfect fit for you, don’t forget that the person doing the hiring is looking for the perfect fit for THEM! Here are some tips that will help you with your resume writing:
1. Show your passion – Employers want you to be passionate about the industry and a great way to show that is to share side projects related to dentistry. Perhaps you travelled to a different country to volunteer some of your time?
2. Research your potential colleagues – It is easier than ever to find information on your potential colleagues likes, interests and values. Most dental clinics have a website with information on the staff members as well as the clinics mission and vision.
3. Make every section count – Having only 2 pages at your service means that you need to include only relevant information that provides value to your resume. You may want to consider leaving out experiences that are not related to the job or skills that are required.
4. Customize your resume every time – It may save time to send an exact duplicate to each employer but it is worth the extra 20 minutes to tailor your summary section with specifically relevant information.
5. Let someone review your resume – It is never a bad idea to have someone double check for spelling or grammatical errors. And don’t forget, you can send it to us for review! We have looked at many resumes for new graduates who are looking for associate positions and are always available to do so for our clients.
If you would like to connect with us for a resume review or to discuss disability coverage, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us to set up some time to speak with one of our advisors.